Hanoi is known as the capital of Vietnam and is one of the most developed city of Vietnam tourism industry. Hanoi is famous for 36 streets and a lot of famous historical sites such as Hoan Kiem Lake, West Lake, Temple of Literature, One pillar Pagoda. In addition, Hanoi street food is also very special and is highly rated by many cuisine magazines in the world. Hanoi is also one of the safest destinations in the world. However, there are still exist bad things such as robbery, fraud … Now, we will point out 5 things that you should never miss when you are going to Hanoi, in the hope that you have a perfect trip.
I) 5 Things to avoid When walking in the streets in Hanoi
- First up, survey your surroundings. Remember that traffic in Vietnam drives on the right-hand side of the road. When you are on the road, you always have to look around before crossing the road. Because in Hanoi, the means of transport seem rarely give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross the minor road. Only if you feel safe, you should go and do not use mobile phone.
- You should always take your private property such as mobile phone, camera, money ,… with you. That would be a nice way to be safer, you should wear a bag in front of the chest.Because some thieves often take advantage of your backpack to pick your pocket.
- When you want to buy something like food, souvenirs, clothes and the first thing you should ask price before buying. Because in Hanoi, a lot of sellers often say higher prices for tourists than local peoples. You can make a bargain and pay the price from low to high, until you feel that it is suitable for the value of the product.
- You want to take Taxi or Motor taxi but you do not know the name of the famous and safe taxi companies. So we will give you some tips, you should remember: Before you get in the car, you have to give the address, and ask price in advance. You should check the distance shown on the GPS and compare with driver’s offer, you pay only the Km shown on the GPS. The normal price for taxi is from 12.000VND up to 16.000VND for 1 Km. In addition, when the driver returns small change you should check carefully before leaving. Because sometimes the driver will return you with money not in face value or with counterfeit money.
- If you come to Vietnam, you will know that street vendors and shoeshine boys are every wherein Hanoi old quarter. They often invite you for high prices or they will put food in your hands then make you buy at any cost. If you do not really need you should definitely talk and leave. In case you want to buy,you should bargain with them. The price for 1time brush shoe is from 10,000 up to the most expensive is 20,000. And the price for some fruit or donuts is about 15,000 to 30,000.
II) Book tour at Travel Agent in Hanoi :
If you are in need of a tour package for your holiday such as Halong, Sapa, Ninh Binh or laundry service, rent a bike or motorbike … You can ask for information at hotel where you are staying. But normally, in some hotels, their prices will always be higher than Travel Agency in Hanoi.
However, if you want to book tours at Hanoi Travel Agent, you should note the following issues:
– Always you should check carefully itineraries, photographs and prices of tours that are the same kind of tours you have asked at hotel. Sometimes there are several Travel Agencies will give you better price than the price of hotel. But that’s probably 1 not prestigious Office, maybe they will set for you other image and itinerary which they have shown you.
-Always you should consider carefully Travel Agent whether if they have an address, website details and clear or not? Sometimes their hotline or name card is also one of the factors to consider as prestigious Travel or not? If their office does not have a clearly address so we suggest you should not book tour with them to avoid other undesirable things during your trip.
– If you want to book tour with Travel Agents you should check the list of reputable Travel Agency in Hanoi on Tripadvisor page or with Google search. Then you can come and book tour at that office. Because they are reputable offices, you do not have to worry about the price or fraud issues. They always help you get the best price and best schedule. One of them is the Hanoi Explore Travel Agency. They helped us to set Halong Bay Tour, Mekong Delta Tour and the most memorable is Tam Coc Mua Cave Tour in Ninh Binh you will experience with local people, enjoy a lot of famous foods.That is an interesting experience.
III) Making a hotel reservation in Hanoi:
You can choose to stay at Hostel or Hotel with ability to pay, in Hanoi Homestay model highly developed nowadays, this model is suitable for those who want to go private or family travel.
When coming to Hanoi. the best way is to choose places in the heart of the old quarter, because it is convenient for you to visit, go shopping and enjoy foods. You can make hotel reservations through online booking sites such as Agoda, Booking, Expedia.com, it is easy for you to find a hotel that fits your criteria. Moreover, that won’t take long. Because when you book a room on these pages,you are assured that the hotel has arranged a room as your request. However, you should choose a hotel or a prestigious hostel that is highly appreciated by customers who have stayed to avoid unexpected circumstances occur such as they don’t have room, they don’t get your booking, or the quality of room is not the same as the image provided for the online sale site.
When staying in a hotel we should obey the rules of the hotel, not make noise that affects everyone.
– Staffs in hotels are usually very well trained so they are always friendly and helpful when you need them.
– Always you should remember bring your passport to reception to check in, after that you can get it back. However, you should keep your passport in the safe or backpack in your room, should not carry them when you go out to avoid falling or stolen.
– After check out, we should give a small tip for staffs in hotel to express your gratitude for their enthusiastic service during your stay.